Sunday, December 6, 2009

3DNA in the PCCP nucleic acid simulations themed issue

While checking 3DNA-related citations through Web of Science for this past week, I found a total of nine times, as follows:
  1. Five times to the 3DNA 2003 NAR paper
  2. Once to the 3DNA 2008 NP paper
  3. Three times to the 2001 standard base reference frame paper
Most interestingly, all the citations are from the same nucleic acid simulations themed issue of Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics 11 (45). Honestly, I was quite a bit (nicely) surprised by the fact, so I browsed the articles online. Edited by Charles Laughton and Modesto Orozco, the 2009 PCCP "themed issue exemplifies the rich diversity of cutting-edge research in the field of nucleic acids simulation." Indeed, quite a few well-known experts are among the authors of the two perspectives and 16 papers.

While not an "energetic" person myself, over the years I have been keeping an eye on MD simulations and MM calculations of nucleic acid structures. It is my pleasure to see that the 3DNA is being widely used (certainly more than I originally expected) by the nucleic acid simulations community. Given time, and with a suitable collaborator, I am open to consider adapting 3DNA to currently available MD simulation packages to make life easier for practitioners in this "dynamic" field.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to make a comment. Just remember to be specific and follow common-sense etiquette.