Sunday, March 20, 2011

3DNA citations reach over 500

On Friday, June 5, 2009, I blogged on the topic titled "3DNA citations reach over 300". At that time, I wrote (towards the end):
I still remember that the number of citations to 3DNA was less than 150 nearly two years ago [~ summer 2007], when I started to wrote the first draft of our 2008 Nature Protocols paper. Now it is more than doubled! I would blog on this topic again when the number reaches 500.
When I checked Google scholar for 3DNA citations right now, the citation number is already over 500 for the initial 2003 3DNA NAR paper alone. Combined with the two direct follow-ups – the 2008 Nature Protocols paper and the 2009 NAR web server paper – the three 3DNA publications have been cited a total of 550 times.

Again, as noted in that blog post,
In my opinion, some of 3DNA features are still (heavily) underused. Now that we have a sizable user community, 3DNA could only become better and would be more widely used. I have every reason to believe that in the not-so-distant-future, the citations to 3DNA would reach over 1000.
A decade after its initial humber release, 3DNA has been successfully applied to many real-world problems. As spare time permits, I have actively maintained and continuously refined 3DNA based largely on users' feedbacks. Over the time, I also see clearly that 3DNA can be moved to the next level both in functionality and usability to enjoy an even larger/broader impact.

Now more than half-way through, it won't be long when citations to 3DNA reach 1000, and then beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to make a comment. Just remember to be specific and follow common-sense etiquette.